Your wedding gown is ultimately one of the most expensive items of clothing you will ever purchase, and while this costly keepsake is sitting in a box currently gathering dust it could be seen by many barefaced brides willing to pay top dollar for it. Think about what you could be spending that extra cash on…?
Most importantly, think about how you will make another bride’s day by sharing and recycling your gown. After all, isn’t it the memories made with the people you love that you should hold on to?
CONDITIONS FOR SELLING
- Preloved wedding gowns must arrive dry-cleaned and in a garment bag.
- Preloved wedding gowns must be designer or a recognised couturier label.
- Original purchase receipt should be shown or some other proof of purchase.
- Preloved wedding gowns must be in excellent condition. Barefaced Bridal will examine the gown on arrival and may refuse to accept the gown if there are any rips, tears or stains.
- Sample gowns from designers or boutiques can arrive as-is (sample condition) with a discounted sale price (to cover dry-cleaning) and 50:50 commission with Barefaced Bridal.
- Preloved gowns are sold on a consignment basis, which means we will agree on a price together and when the gown is sold Barefaced Bridal will transfer the money to the Client by direct deposit.
- Once sold, the Client will receive 60% of the selling price and Barefaced Bridal will obtain 40% commission. There is a $60 Seller Fee charged which is reimbursed if your gown has a selling price of $5,000 or more.
- Please note that we only accept wedding gowns less than 3 years old and with an original purchase price of $1200 or more.
- A photo of the wedding gown should be provided (preferably high quality) which Barefaced Bridal will use to advertise the gown online and social media, etc. We are able to crop out the bride’s face if desired.
- Brides are required to be ‘barefaced’ for their private appointment (i.e. no makeup or fake tan to be worn).
- All wedding gowns are treated with the utmost care and are viewed by private appointment only.
- If you’re located outside of Sydney – no problem! We have gowns sent interstate to us all the time. Contact us directly should you have any questions about this.
- We are always on the lookout for gowns sizes 12 and up, so if you’re considering consigning with us your dress may be snapped up sooner than you think!
- Brides who have changed their mind and are left stuck with a brand new dress, we’ll happily take it off your hands. These dresses literally fly out the door!
- We make consigning your gown hassle-free. Once you hand over your dress, we literally take care of the rest.
Please note that due to the high volume of email enquiries received about consigning dresses we are only able to respond to those that meet our requirements.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF JULY 2023 WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TAKING GOWNS IN STORE.
frequently asked questions
consigning your gown
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of your gown as listed above in ‘conditions for selling’.
We work on a consignment basis and will list your dress for up to 12 months, after which time you can decide to take back your dress or continue to sell for an extended consignment term. We also offer online online consignment. We charge a $60 seller fee which covers all promoting of your gown online, offline and on social media platforms.
Once your wedding gown is sold Barefaced Bridal will transfer 60% of the sale price into your nominated bank account and retain 40% commission. There is a $60 Seller Fee charged which is reimbursed if your gown has a selling price of $6,000 or more.
We don’t offer consignment of bridal accessories at this time.
We actively advertise online and offline within the bridal community.
The length of time required for a second hand wedding dress to sell depends on the designer, style and price of the gown. If your dress isn’t getting any enquiries we would suggest reducing the cost of the gown.
We only accept designer gowns that are in an excellent condition, have been dry-cleaned and have an original purchase price of $1200 or more, however feel free to give us a call on 0450 462 820 to discuss your dress in detail if in any doubt.
Your dress will have significant value to you – both in monetary and emotional terms, however a second hand dress will not have the same monetary value as what you originally paid for it. Generally, preloved gowns sell between half (50%) to a third (25%) of the original purchase price. It will also depend on other factors such as the designer, condition and original price paid. Please note that we won’t sell your gown for less than what is agreed between us without your consent.
For brand new gowns we can list it higher – 10-15% off the RRP.
A photo of the wedding dress should be provided. Ideal images include pictures of the front, back and detail of your dress. If you have professional images you would like to provide please send through to us in web resolution jpeg format. If you do not want your face in the photo, please let us know and we will crop the images before uploading them.
frequently asked questions
buying a gown
Yes, all of our dresses are available to try on in our bridal studio. Please contact us on email@example.com or 0450 462 820 to make an appointment.
Our gowns range in price from $1000 & under up to $10,000 for our high-end couture gowns.
We have an online-only clearance selection for under $1K, and a large selection of designer gowns (both sample & preloved) between the $2K – $3K price point.
Basically something for everyone!
If you have a particular dress or style in mind you can register your details online or contact us on 0450 462 820 and we will let you know if and when your dream dress is brought in.
You can pay by direct deposit, EFTPOS, Visa or cash. We don’t accept AMERICAN EXPRESS.
We don’t offer payment plans however we take a 50% deposit to secure your dress with balance owing in 6 weeks.
All transactions are final, we don’t offer returns or refunds on purchases made.
We may be interested in consigning your gown back so please ask us.